HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
You are the first line of defense in keeping our community healthy.
Effective on October 13, 2021
Austin-Travis County recently announced that the city has been downgraded to stage 3 COVID-19 guidelines. After guidance from local health officials and an infectious disease specialist, the Shalom Austin Jewish Community Center has made the following changes to our mask and vaccination policy.
- Masks are optional indoors for members and visitors who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- We will not be asking for proof of vaccination at this time.
- Masks are required indoors for adults who are not vaccinated.
- Masks are required indoors for children under 12 years of age, unless eating or drinking.
- Masks are optional outdoors for individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Masks are required outdoors for individuals who are not vaccinated whenever 3 feet distancing cannot be maintained.
- Masks are optional for children outdoors; however, children are encouraged to wear masks when in close proximity (3 feet or less) unless eating, drinking or engaged in sports.
- Masks are required for staff outdoors when working in close proximity (3 feet or less) of children under 12, regardless of vaccination status.
Thank you for remaining considerate when making decisions that may impact the health and safety of others. Please monitor your own health and remain home if you are not feeling well.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this change in policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us stop the spread by getting vaccinated today! Learn more here.
We check temperatures for children under 12 who enter the building, and temperature checks are no longer required for adults.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or otherwise feel unwell, we ask that you please stay home.
Other Safety Protocols
After using equipment, members are asked to clean it with disinfectant wipes provided by the JCC. Staff will clean throughout the day, including a 30-minute deep cleaning once a day at 2 PM.
ADULTS & CHILDREN
We maintain programmatic boundaries between children and adults to limit the exposure to unvaccinated children.
Each room has a clearly marked occupancy maximum to help ensure social distancing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I access the Dell Jewish Community Campus?
Can I bring a guest?
Due to the pandemic, the Sports & Fitness Complex and programs are open to active members only. If you know someone who would like to join, click here.
Can I use the locker room and other amenities?
During construction, members will have access to the restrooms in the community hallway.
Towel service, ball checkout, and locks are temporarily suspended. Please bring your own towels and equipment. Leave bulky bags in your car or at home. We will have small cubbies available for personal items like keys or small purses.