Your health and safety is important to us. Due to COVID-19, some in-person programs and services may be offered online, have a new in-person schedule and requirements, or may be suspended. Please check our website or contact us for more information. Click here for our COVID-19 safety precautions and updates.
We are excited to welcome our members back to the Shalom Austin JCC! We are pleased to announce that you no longer need to make reservations to visit our fitness center or open gym. Occupancy will continue to be enforced on a space-by-space basis. Daily we welcome more members back to their home away from home. Reservations will continue to be required for group fitness, pick up basketball, pickleball, tours, and orientations via our reservation system. Join us in our fitness center, gymnasium, group fitness classes and outdoor spaces.
What You Need to Know
The J is currently open to members only. No guests please. Please read the information below to ensure a smooth process for your return to our campus!
Join The J
- If you’d like to join the J, please click here.
- The J is currently open to members only. No guests please.
- Reservations are now only required for group fitness, pick up basketball, pickleball, tours, and orientations via our reservation system. You no longer need to make reservations to visit our fitness center or open gym. Occupancy will continue to be enforced on a space-by-space basis.
- Kids Club Babysitting is currently closed. Looking for childcare options? Contact our Early Childhood Program.
What to bring
- Please bring your own towel(s) and small sweat towels. Towel service is currently suspended.
- Lockers and showers are closed. Please limit the belongings you bring to the J.
When you arrive
- Access the JCC through our main entrance, by the flagpoles.
- Wellness screenings are required to enter the building.
- Due to the increased presence of COVID-19 in the Austin area, we are temporarily adjusting our health and safety protocols. Effective immediately, masks are required indoors at the Shalom Austin JCC, regardless of your vaccination status, for persons aged 2 years and older.
Terms of Service
- As part of our reopening effort, we have updated the agreements we require for our memberships. Our updated Terms of Service includes the Liability Waiver, COVID-19 Addendum, Code of Conduct, and Membership / Sports & Fitness Complex Policies.
- At your earliest convenience, please review the agreement linked below and acknowledge it by signing. You will not be able to check in at our facility until we have obtained a signature.
- Please click here to sign the waiver.
Each room has a designated room capacity, but we are not limiting members to specific spaces. Please be cognizant of the posted room occupancy, and adhere to all guidelines and population limits. Certain areas will be reconfigured in order to allow for new programming. Please continue to check the website for any new updates.
We are currently offering online and safe in-person group exercise classes.
Selectorized Weight Machines
Light Free Weights
Heavy Free Weights
- Individual: 2 free guests per month ($40 value)
- Couple: 3 free guests per month ($60 value)
- Family: 4 free guests per month ($80 value)
These guests passes are free of charge, and are an added perk of membership. Use them to invite a friend to a group fitness class, have bubbie join you for the day at the new Rochelle and Stanley Ferdman Family Aquatic Center, or challenge your neighbors to a game of doubles on the new courts at the Hurt Family Tennis Center.
Learn about the full policy here.
Our gym currently has 6 goals available.
Members may sign-up for pick-up basketball & pickleball games.
Open Gym Hours
Sunday | 8-9 AM & 11 AM-6 PM
Monday | 6 AM-1 PM, 2-3:30 PM, 5:30-7 PM
Tuesday | 6-7 AM, 8-10 AM, 12-1 PM, 1:30-4 PM & 5-7 PM
Wednesday | 6 AM–1 PM, 2:45-4:15 PM & 5-7 PM
Thursday | 6-7 AM, 11:30 AM-1 PM, 2:15-3:30 PM & 5:30-7 PM
Friday | 6-10 AM, 12-4 PM & 6-7 PM
Saturday | 8 AM-3:30 PM
Open gym: No full court games
Pick-up games (Basketball & Pickleball): 16 player limit
After guidance from local health officials and an infectious disease specialist, the Shalom Austin Jewish Community Center has made the following changes to our mask and vaccination policy. Please visit our COVID 19 page for the most recent updates.
No balls or equipment will be provided
The beautiful outdoor crushed granite jogging trail winds its way through woods and past the meditation garden. It is a great place to walk or jog while maintaining social distance! For easy access, park in the spaces alongside the fence near the guard booth. After parking, report to the gate and wait there until the guard checks you in and admits you to the trail. You will enter to trail from the pedestrian gate near the booth.
Gan Yaniv Trail
The Gan Yaniv loop is .25 miles in length. Please stay on the path and do not cross any fences or barriers that are erected.
Due to construction of the new Hurt Family Tennis Center (Opening Summer 2021), the fields and main nature trail loops are temporarily closed. The 6 lit courts will include lines for adult and youth tennis and pickleball. With private and group lessons, camps, clinics, leagues and social tournaments available, everyone at any skill level can enjoy the courts.
(Now offering select in-person classes, safely)
Stay fit while you stay home with personal training or one of our 25+ free group fitness classes online!
Join our Facebook group to stay connected!
Join the Shalom Austin JCC sports team online for fun, free sports activities for kids.
Join our Facebook group to stay connected!