GET FIT AND HAVE FUN!
At the J, we offer a variety of fitness classes and amenities!
What You Need to Know
The J is currently open to members only. Please read the information below to ensure a smooth process for your return to our campus!
Join The J
- If you’d like to join the J, please click here.
- Reservations are now only required for group fitness, pick up basketball, pickleball, tours, and orientations via our reservation system. You no longer need to make reservations to visit our fitness center or open gym. Occupancy will continue to be enforced on a space-by-space basis.
- Kids Club Babysitting is currently closed. Looking for childcare options? Contact our Early Childhood Program.
What to bring
- Please bring your own towel(s) and small sweat towels. Towel service is currently suspended.
When you arrive
- Access the JCC through our main entrance, by the flagpoles.
- Please check our current health and safety COVID policies here.
Terms of Service
- As part of our reopening effort, we have updated the agreements we require for our memberships. Our updated Terms of Service includes the Liability Waiver, COVID-19 Addendum, Code of Conduct, and Membership / Sports & Fitness Complex Policies.
- At your earliest convenience, please review the agreement linked below and acknowledge it by signing. You will not be able to check in at our facility until we have obtained a signature.
- Please click here to sign the waiver.
REGISTER YOUR GUEST!
We ask that all guests register before accessing our facilities. Please fill out the form below so that you can skip the paperwork in person! Scroll to the bottom of the form and select the “Guest” option.
Each room has a designated room capacity, but we are not limiting members to specific spaces. Please be cognizant of the posted room occupancy, and adhere to all guidelines and population limits. Certain areas will be reconfigured in order to allow for new programming. Please continue to check the website for any new updates.
We are currently offering online and safe in-person group exercise classes.
Selectorized Weight Machines
Light Free Weights
Heavy Free Weights
- Individual: 2 free guests per month ($40 value)
- Couple: 3 free guests per month ($60 value)
- Family: 4 free guests per month ($80 value)
These guests passes are free of charge, and are an added perk of membership. Use them to invite a friend to a group fitness class, have bubbie join you for the day at the new Rochelle and Stanley Ferdman Family Aquatic Center, or challenge your neighbors to a game of doubles on the new courts at the Hurt Family Tennis Center.
Learn about the full policy here.
Our gym currently has 6 goals available.
Members may sign-up for pick-up basketball & pickleball games.
Open Gym Hours
Sunday | 8-9 AM & 11 AM-6 PM
Monday | 6 AM-1 PM, 2-3:30 PM, 5:30-7 PM
Tuesday | 6-7 AM, 8-10 AM, 12-1 PM, 1:30-4 PM & 5-7 PM
Wednesday | 6 AM–1 PM, 2:45-4:15 PM & 5-7 PM
Thursday | 6-7 AM, 11:30 AM-1 PM, 2:15-3:30 PM & 5:30-7 PM
Friday | 6-10 AM, 12-4 PM & 6-7 PM
Saturday | 8 AM-3:30 PM
Open gym: No full court games
Pick-up games (Basketball & Pickleball): 16 player limit
After guidance from local health officials and an infectious disease specialist, the Shalom Austin Jewish Community Center has made the following changes to our mask and vaccination policy. Please visit our COVID 19 page for the most recent updates.
No balls or equipment will be provided
The beautiful outdoor crushed granite jogging trail winds its way through woods and past the meditation garden. It is a great place to walk or jog while maintaining social distance! For easy access, park in the spaces alongside the fence near the guard booth. After parking, report to the gate and wait there until the guard checks you in and admits you to the trail. You will enter to trail from the pedestrian gate near the booth.
Gan Yaniv Trail
The Gan Yaniv loop is .25 miles in length. Please stay on the path and do not cross any fences or barriers that are erected.
(Now offering select in-person classes, safely)
Stay fit while you stay home with personal training or one of our 25+ free group fitness classes online!
Join our Facebook group to stay connected!
Join the Shalom Austin JCC sports team online for fun, free sports activities for kids.
Join our Facebook group to stay connected!