Experimental. Educational. Inspiring.
Tai Chi is a mind-body exercise originating in ancient China, where it started as a martial art. These days, it’s practiced around the world as an effective exercise for health.
While it’s impossible to describe this complex art in one sentence, history & numerous medical studies show that regular practice of Tai Chi will improve your balance, health, and well-being.
- Better balance and coordination
- Build muscle strength and stamina
- Improves posture and biomechanics
- Improves stress management
Classes take place on Tuesdays & Fridays from 11 AM-11:50 AM. Review registration description for exact dates and location.
DEEP END FITNESS ATX
Promoting a Positive Shift in Mental and Physical Health
Deep End Fitness training is Aquatic fitness and breath work specifically designed to be accessible regardless of your current water abilities and confidence levels. The training utilizes the F.R.E.E – Focus, Relaxation, Economy of Motion, and Efficient Breathing operating system in conjunction with aquatic training to utilize the water as a catalyst for growth.
Focus of the JCC Deep End Fitness program:
- Fitness and Breathwork to enhance resilience in all areas of life.
- Water confidence, swimming skills, meditation and play
- A community built by shared growth in and out of the water.
What to expect:
- Comprehensive Warmup that introduces you to the B.S.A.F.E. and F.R.E.E. principles that Deep End Fitness embodies.
- Challenging yet accessible workout involving water and land based movements including:
- formal stroke instruction
- mindful movement at all depths
- breath regulation and CO2 tolerance building
- Cool down including specific breathwork and nervous system regulation
6-week session beginning Thursday, October 5
Class Time: 12 – 1pm
Class Dates: 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9