REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
The JCamps experience is unlike any other that Central Texas has to offer. We welcome campers of all backgrounds and interests, and work hard to make sure there are ways for each camper to learn, grow and have a great time throughout the entire summer!
We believe that campers from both Jewish and non-Jewish backgrounds alike can thrive within the cultural treasures that Judaism offers, and therefore base our philosophy on six points in order to mirror those of the Star of David.
We’re open and ready for the best summer ever! Our trained staff are dedicated to providing a safe space for campers while maintaining the normalcy of being with friends. Kids will enjoy everything the JCC has to offer, from large indoor spaces and a gymnasium to the lush grounds and outdoor fields! Each day, campers will participate in outside activities, crafts, plus traditions like song session and flagpole!
While our pool is under construction for the new Rochelle & Stanley Ferdman Family Aquatic Center, we will still have lots of fun and engaging water activities to keep campers cool this summer! We can’t wait for you to experience the robust camps programs and wide variety of new and engaging activities!
Pre-Camp | June 1 – 4
Session A | June 7 – 18
Session B | June 21 – July 2
Session C | July 6 – 16 (closed Monday July 5)
Session D | July 19 – 30
Session E | August 2 – 13
Last Blast 1 | August 2 – 6
Last Blast 2 | August 9 – 13
Make sure you have everything you need before camp starts!
Please fill out the JCamps 2021 Change Request Form
Change Request Form
A Change is when a camper’s number of weeks remains the same but their schedule change.
- Changes are not guaranteed and are subject to availability in the program.
You must submit the “JCamps Change Request Form”
- Changes may be subject to a $30 Administrative Fee, dependent on the date of request.
A Cancellation is when a camper’s number of weeks or sessions decreases.
- Changes to programs, schedules, or additional options made after April 15, 2021 are subject to a $30 administration fee per change per camper.
- Cancellations for any reason will be processed as follows:
- BEFORE April 15
- $250 deposit and any money already paid is fully refundable
- AFTER April 15, but before the following dates:
- Full tuition and lunch/pizza fees refund LESS the $250 deposit
- Pre-Camp: Sunday May 16
- Session A: Sunday May 23
- Session B: Sunday June 6
- Session C: Sunday June 20
- Session D: Sunday July 4
- Session E/Last Blast: Sunday July 18
- Full tuition and lunch/pizza fees refund LESS the $250 deposit
- AFTER above dates (by session) and before the first day of the session:
- 50% tuition refund LESS the deposit AND lunch/pizza fees
- AFTER the session has begun
- No refunds will be distributed
- BEFORE April 15
View My statement
Review the JCamps songbook so your camper can be fully prepared to sing all the classic Song Session hits!
Example of a regular Camp Day!
8:30-9:00 AM | Drop-Off
9:00-9:15 AM | Flag Pole
9:20-10:10 AM | Unit Time with Mr. Matt!
10:15-11:00 AM | Kashtoot
11:00-11:50 AM | Omanut
3:30 – 4:00 PM | Lunch
12:30-12:50 PM | Change/Chofesh
12:50 – 1:30 PM | Water Wonderland
1:30-1:50 PM | Change
2:00-2:35 PM | Musica / Teva / Israeli Kef / CYOA / Tallit Decoration
2:40-2:50 PM | End of Day Prep
3:00-3:30 PM | Song Session
3:30 – 4:00 PM | Pick Up
Flagpole kicks off every JCamps day
Lunch is available for pre-purchase or campers may bring their own
Song Session wraps up every JCamps Day
Maccabiah, JCamps Pride Day, Shir Show and more!
Each Friday ends with a meaningful and fun program to close out the week as one camp
Crazy Sock Day, Israel Day, Olympics Day and More!
HEALTH & SAFETY
The safety and health of our participants, families and staff is our number 1 priority. Shalom Austin will continue to follow our current high health and safety standards and protocols, which includes mask wearing (for both staff & children), until advised by local and regional experts that is safe to relax them. We have been open since July and have proven our ability to provide a safe and fun place for our children. Our facility has been and will continuously be cleaned, disinfected and sanitized. Our staff has undergone extensive training on best practices in preventing the spread of COVID-19. We thank you in advance for your part in helping us keep our community as safe as possible.
What forms need to be submitted?
All students must have an up-to-date Health and Immunization Form signed and stamped by their pediatrician. A copy of the physician’s most recent immunization record for this child must accompany this statement. Per licensing requirements: ALL immunization records must have a doctor’s stamp (including address) and authoring signature. Note: “My Chart” records without the aforementioned are not acceptable. We also require a signed acknowledgement of the Parent Handbook, Code of Honor, and Parent Waiver. No camper will be permitted unless their paperwork has been received.
Will there be a health screening as part of the program?
All individuals will be required to undergo a health screening prior to entering the building, conducted by a Shalom Austin staff member. There may be additional health screenings at times of transition.
Are masks required?
Is there a medical professional on staff?
Yes! There will be a medical professional on campus during the camp day this summer.
What happens if a camper gets sick?
Any child or staff member feeling ill will be moved to an isolation space and sent home immediately.
JCamps will only allow staff or children with any of the signs or symptoms listed above to return to school if the following procedures have been followed:
- If diagnosed with COVID-19, the individual may return to camp when all three of the following criteria are met:
- At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery (resolution of fever without fever reducing medications)
- Improvement in respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath)
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared
- If the individual has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and wants to return to school before completing the above self-isolation period, the individual must obtain a doctors’ note indicating a negative COVID-19 test in addition to an alternative diagnosis (strep, ear infection, etc.). The note must state that “The child was seen and evaluated for _______________. The child does NOT have COVID-19 and is able to return to childcare without placing another child or adult at risk.”
- In the case of an individual who has symptoms that could be COVID-19, but chooses not to be evaluated by a medical professional or tested for COVID-19, the individual is assumed to have COVID-19, and may not return to school until the child has completed the same three-step criteria listed above.
If there is a person in the household who is ill, the child may not attend camp until all are well in the household. If any child, or anyone in the home has been in direct contact with any person having a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, it is required that the JCamps staff be notified immediately.
JCamps will not allow any child or staff with known close contact to a person who has been lab confirmed to have COVID-19 to return to school until the end of the 14-day self-quarantine period from the last day of exposure.
HEAR FROM OUR FAMILIES!
We can’t overstate how impressed we’ve been with JCamps this summer. They’ve managed to not only preserve the most special and fun parts of camp, but to also help the kids adapt to this new way of living in the most creative of ways. My son comes home glowing every day and I feel so fortunate that he’s gotten to experience the magic of JCamp and the incredible counselors despite everything going on around us!
Ilan’s Mom | Parent
I like the loud music, the swimming, the dancing, the ships and sailors, and the dolphin games. I like lunch! I like my counselors and I like camp!
Ilan | Camper
As we start thinking about summer 2021, JCamps is our first choice! It is the only place that our family knows and trusts completely and where we feel most comfortable and safe during this uncertain time. And of course, our kids always have a blast!
Jennifer Melrose | Mom of 3
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Want a summer you’ll never forget?
Join the JCamps team! It’s not just a job, it’s a community. Make a difference in the lives of the Jewish community with new friends that will last a lifetime.
We believe everyone should have access to participate in our community, regardless of financial need. Awards of financial assistance are made possible for community members by generous contributions to the Shalom Austin Annual Campaign. Financial aid is distributed based on availability of funds and eligibility of your household. If you would like to learn more about financial aid, please reach out to us at email@example.com.