Host Your Event at the J
From Bar/Bat Mitzvah parties, to corporate meetings, to elaborate galas and fundraisers, we look forward to assisting you with creating a successful and memorable event!
The Dell Jewish Community Campus sits on 40 beautiful acres in Northwest Austin, featuring nature trails, a meditation garden, and daily deer sightings, as well as the Shalom Austin JCC.
There are several spaces available for rent for large and small events, including the JCC Community Hall, aerobics room, gymnasium, and pool. Space can be rented by the hour or the day and special rates are available for JCC members and nonprofit organizations. All rates include table and chairs (subject to availability), set up, and break down.
The Community Hall is current closed for renovation. Please check back soon for more details.
The JCC has a 6,800 square-foot ballroom-style Community Hall, complete with a built-in stage and dance floor which accomodates events with 400-600 guests, depending on the seating style. For smaller events, the space can be divided into 3,400 or 1,700 square foot sections.
Community Hall (6,800 square feet)
Stage (3,400 sqaure feet)
Back Half (3,400 square feet)
Our Education Building has two types of spaces available for rent: classrooms and larger multi-purpose space. Please note that these spaces have limited availability. Details & pricing coming soon.
Upstairs Classrooms (675 square feet)
CAA Multi-Purpose Room (2,184 square feet)
Health and Wellness Center
Our Health & Wellness Center is currently undergoing renovations. Please check back soon for details.
Rental Rates: Please contact our Senior Health and Wellness Director for more details – firstname.lastname@example.org
B'nai Abraham Historic Synagogue
B’nai Abraham is the oldest synagogue building in Texas. It was relocated in 2015 from Brenham to the Dell Jewish Community Campus where it underwent major renovations and today serves as the home of Congregation Tiferet Israel, Austin’s Modern Orthodox synagogue, and a resource to Shalom Austin and the entire Jewish community. Details & pricing coming soon.
B’nai Abraham (2,420 sq. ft.)
In observance of Shabbat, our facilities are not available for non-religious events on Friday evenings after 5:00 pm. Additionally, there can be no exchange of money at any event before sundown on Saturdays.
Food & Beverages
Outside food and beverages are allowed at the JCC. The J does not provide catering services, but we can make recommendations. All caterers must be pre-approved by the Hospitality Department and follow our Kashrut policy.
As a courtesy to the wide variety of Jewish dietary practices, Shalom Austin supports a Kashrut policy concerning food on Campus. The Hospitality office is happy to assist in menu planning or answer any questions you might have regarding this policy. Conditions of the Kashrut policy are as follows:
- There may be no shellfish or pork at any catered event (fish must have fins and scales).
- Outside caterers shall refrain from serving meat and dairy products in the same meal, regardless of when it’s served, or how the food is placed in the room.
- The Community Hall Kitchen may be used for preparation only.
- All leftover food or beverages must be removed from the facility immediately following any event by the caterer. Food or beverages may not be stored overnight unless prior approval is obtained by the Hospitality Department.
- Any event-related rental items delivered to the JCC must be picked up the same day as your event, unless prior approval is obtained from the Hospitality Department.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed, provided:
- All TABC (TX Alcoholic Beverage Commission) laws must be followed.
- Alcohol may never be offered self-serve. It must be served by a TABC certified bartender.
- Security is required at events where alcohol is consumed and there are 50 guests or more.
JCC offers limited beverage service including: coffee, hot tea, iced tea and water.
Coffee and Water Only: $1 per person
Coffee, Water & Tea (iced or hot): $1.50 per person
Additional Equipment & Services
Items such as table linens, TVs, video screens, flip charts, and microphones are available for a nominal charge.
Table Linens (white, short, draped linens only): $4.50
Black Pipe & Drape (7′-12′ sections): $28
Portable Staging (4′ x 8′ sections): $50
Protective Flooring (for non-sports events in the gymnasium): $600
Use of Grand Piano (on stage only): $150 (tuning not included)
LCD Projector: $25
4′ x 6′ Screen (only): $20
9′ x 12′ Screen (only): $50
Standing Podium: $20
100 amp Portable Power Cart: $75
Facilities Staff (after weekly closing hours or Saturday midnight: $35 per hour/per staff
Security Officer (3 hr minimum): $45 per hour/per guard
Front Gate Security Officer (after midnight): $25 per hour
Use of the fire pit behind the Shalom Austin Admin Offices must be booked through the Hospitality Department during which the guidelines for fire size, permitted accelerants, and appropriate extinguishing methods will be explained.
Please make sure to read our security and rental policies before you book your event.
It is policy of the JCC to require that police officer security be utilized as follows:
- Any campus event with 200 or more attendees. One officer is required for each 200 attendees.
- Any event where alcohol is consumed and there are 50 or more attendees.
- Any campus event, per threat assessment, deemed necessary by the JCC.
Shalom Austin will contract security on behalf of clients. The rate is $50 per hour per guard with a 3 hour minimum.
- Rental charges are billed from initial access time until the event ending time.
- Rental charges are due in full upon confirmation of your booking.
- Events cancelled more than 30 days before the event date may receive a full refund.