Host Your Event at the J
From Bar/Bat Mitzvah parties, to corporate meetings, to elaborate galas and fundraisers, we look forward to assisting you with creating a successful and memorable event!
The 40 beautiful acres of the Dell Jewish Community Campus in Northwest Austin houses the Dell JCC, nature trails, a meditation garden and more.
There are several spaces available for rent for large and small events, including the Epstein Family Community Hall / Gloria & Harvey Evans Performance Center, aerobics room, Loewy Family Gymnasium, and Rochelle & Stanley Ferdman Family Aquatic Center.
Space can be rented by the hour or the day. Special rates are available for nonprofit organizations. All rates include table and chairs (subject to availability), set up, and break down.
To see a full list of facility rental prices, click here.
Linda & Keith Zimmerman Family Multi-Purpose Rooms
- Dividable into 2 spaces, each with its own 75″ display.
- Accommodates 48-100 guests depending on the seating style.
Barbara Tocker Engagement & Education Center
- 75″ display screen.
- 2 Airwalls:
- *Glass airwall divides the room from the Jennifer & David Kaufman Family Living Room.
*Opaque airwall divides the room from the adjoining Conference Room.
- Accommodates 28-90 guests depending on the seating style.
Friedel Family Foundation Board Room
- 75″ display screen and dedicated OWL.
- Attached kitchenette.
- Accommodates 32-49 guests depending on the seating style.
- 65″ display screen.
- Accommodates 12-20 guests depending on the seating style.
Epstein Family Community Hall / Gloria & Harvey Evans Performance Center
The JCC has a 6,500 square-foot ballroom-style community hall space, complete with a built-in stage and optional stadium-style seating – which accomodates events with 400-600 guests, depending on the seating style.
Epstein Family Community Hall / Gloria & Harvey Evans Performance Center (6,500 square feet)
Stadium-Style Telescopic Seating – Performance Center (165 seats; additional charge)
Stage Side – Community Hall 1 (3,250 sqaure feet)
Back Half – Community Hall 2 (3,250 square feet)
Health and Wellness Center
Rental Rates: Please contact our Senior Health and Wellness Director for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on rental details and rates, visit shalomaustin.org/poolrentals.
B'nai Abraham Historic Synagogue
B’nai Abraham is the oldest synagogue building in Texas. It was relocated in 2015 from Brenham to the Dell Jewish Community Campus where it underwent major renovations and today serves as the home of Congregation Tiferet Israel, Austin’s Modern Orthodox synagogue, and a resource to Shalom Austin and the entire Jewish community.
B’nai Abraham (2,420 sq. ft.)
In observance of Shabbat, our facilities are not available for non-religious events on Friday evenings after 5:00 pm. Additionally, there can be no exchange of money at any event before sundown on Saturdays.
Food & Beverages
Outside food and beverages are allowed at the JCC. The J does not provide catering services, but we can make recommendations. All caterers must be pre-approved by the Hospitality Department and follow our Kashrut policy.
As a courtesy to the wide variety of Jewish dietary practices, Shalom Austin supports a Kashrut policy concerning food on Campus. The Hospitality office is happy to assist in menu planning or answer any questions you might have regarding this policy. Conditions of the Kashrut policy are as follows:
- There may be no shellfish or pork at any catered event (fish must have fins and scales).
- The Community Hall Catering Kitchen may be used for preparation only.
- All leftover food or beverages must be removed from the facility immediately following any event by the caterer. Food or beverages may not be stored overnight unless prior approval is obtained by the Hospitality Department.
- Any event-related rental items delivered to the JCC must be picked up the same day as your event, unless prior approval is obtained from the Hospitality Department.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed, provided:
- All TABC (TX Alcoholic Beverage Commission) laws must be followed.
- Alcohol may never be offered self-serve. It must be served by a TABC certified bartender.
- Security is required at events where alcohol is consumed and there are 50 guests or more.
Additional Equipment & Services
Items such as table linens, TVs, video screens, flip charts, and microphones are available for a nominal charge.
Table Linens (white, short, draped linens only): $4.50
Black Pipe & Drape (7′-12′ sections): $28
Use of Grand Piano (on stage only): $150 (tuning not included)
Facilities Staff : $50 per hour/per staff member (between the hours of 9-11:00 p.m.)
Front Gate Security Officer: $30 per hour (between the hours of 9-11:00 p.m.)
All events must conclude by 11:00 p.m.
Please make sure to read our security and rental policies before you book your event.
It is policy of the JCC to require that police officer security be utilized as follows:
- Any campus event with 200 or more attendees.
- Any event where alcohol is consumed and there are 50 or more attendees.
- Any publicly advertised event.
- Any campus event, per threat assessment, deemed necessary by the JCC.
Shalom Austin will contract security on behalf of clients. The rate is $70 per hour per guard with a 4 hour minimum.
- Rental charges are billed from the event starting time to the event ending time.
- Rental charge deposit of $400 is due upon confirmation of your booking and final invoicing will occur after the event to include any incidentals.
- Events cancelled more than 30 days before the event date may receive a full refund.