Dell Jewish Community Campus
Code of Conduct
Our code of conduct policies are set forth for the security and safety of staff, members and guests. All members and guests should abide by these guidelines at all times. Individuals or groups refusing to abide by the campus conduct policy may face disciplinary action, including the revocation of membership or campus privileges.
The Dell Jewish Community Campus is private property. The use of the campus grounds or buildings for any event, program, speech, or demonstration must be approved in advance by the Department of Operations.
The following activities are prohibited anywhere on the Dell Jewish Community Campus:
- Any behavior that endangers the life, safety, or health of others
- Smoking of all types, including vaping and the use of electronic cigarettes
- Disrupting or interfering with normal campus operations or with the production, viewing, or enjoyment of any scheduled or approved campus event, program, service, or activity
- Disrupting, interfering, or blocking the flow of pedestrian or vehicle traffic without prior approval
- Using any electric, electronic, or mechanical device to amplify sound without prior approval
- The distribution of flyers, leaflets, booklets, hand-bills, or other literature without prior approval
- Carrying, holding, posting, hanging, or otherwise displaying signage, banners, posters, flags, exhibitions, and other forms of advertisement without approval
- Using offensive, vulgar, indecent, or abusive language in a public space
- Abusing or harassing others, or engaging in behaviors that are hostile, menacing, antagonizing, or threatening
- Using remotely controlled airplanes, drones, helicopters, gliders, or other unmanned aerial vehicle without approval
- Professional or commercial photography/videography anywhere on campus without approval
As a member or guest, you are expected to comply with any reasonable request from a staff person. You are expected to comply with that request in a respectful manner. If you have a concern regarding the request, a formal complaint may be filed at the Welcome Desk in the Sports and Fitness Lobby to be reviewed by the appropriate party. These forms are available at the Welcome Desk.
All members and guests should notify a staff person immediately upon witnessing inappropriate behavior by another member or guest.
Consumption of alcohol during official campus functions should be in moderation. Public intoxication is not acceptable on campus and violators will be removed from the property immediately and membership may be revoked based on staff or board recommendation.
All drivers should behave in a responsible and courteous manner. Texas traffic laws should be adhered to on campus. This includes limiting speed on campus to 10 miles per hour. A violation of this rule may cause termination of membership or access to campus. In addition, handicapped parking is provided strictly for those with appropriate tags. Failure to abide by this guideline may result in towing at the owner’s expense.
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly-carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government may not enter this property, the Dell Jewish Community Campus, with a handgun that is carried openly.
Jewish Community Center
JCC Member Policies
A JCC Membership entitles you to full access to the Sports & Fitness Facility, including the fitness center, free-weights room, pool, gymnasium, jogging track, dry saunas, and whirlpools. Membership includes numerous free group fitness classes. Members may also take advantage of early registration and discounts on programs and events such as JCC Summer Camps, enrichment classes, and more.
The Dell Jewish Community Campus is home to multiple Jewish organizations. Access to those organizations is independent of the JCC. If you are interested in joining any of their organizations, you may contact them directly to schedule tours or inquire about membership.
JCC MEMBERSHIP TERMS
Persons applying for membership shall not be turned away because of their age, gender, disability, fitness level, interests, background, race, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Financial aid is available to individuals and families to assist with the costs of membership and fees for JCC programs. Financial aid is awarded according to family income. Financial aid determinations are conducted in a strictly confidential manner. Contact email@example.com.
All members are required to abide by the Shalom Austin Code of Conduct.
You may cancel your membership without penalty within 5 business days of joining.
Your monthly membership dues will be billed to your credit card or drafted from your bank account on the first of every month.
If you wish to pay annually or semi-annually, these payments are considered prepaid and are non-refundable in the event of early termination. You will receive a bill indicating that your next payment is due in January and/or July.
The facilities may periodically close due to inclement weather, health concerns or other outside factors. We do not prorate or refund membership dues in these circumstances.
We reserve the right to change membership rates, terms, and policies at any time.
A member may freeze their membership for up to six consecutive months. There is a $20/month administrative fee to freeze memberships, and the request must be submitted 10 business days before the next billing cycle. A member may freeze their membership no more than once per 12-month period. Those enrolled in the Early Childhood Program and Kids Connection programs cannot freeze their memberships because an active Family membership is required.
Members may upgrade their membership any time during the year; the process takes up to 10 business days to complete. Members may downgrade their membership once per 12-month period.
We are unable to change memberships retroactively. It is imperative that all membership requests are received within 10 business days before the next billing cycle.
Previous members who canceled their membership must pay the membership activation fee. Previous members who have unpaid balances must pay their balance in full to rejoin.
Your membership will automatically renew monthly. Cancellation of your membership requires a 30-day cancellation notice via form. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 30 days prior to the next billing date to cancel your membership. Cancellation will be processed from the date of receipt of the form.
MEMBERSHIP TYPE & DISCOUNT GROUP POLICIES
Couple memberships include any 2 individuals living in the same household.
Family memberships include up to 2 adults and unlimited children up to age 25 living in the same household.
Young adult memberships are available to individuals age 13-25. When the member turns 26, the membership automatically converts to the standard individual membership rate. If the member is a minor, there must be a parent or guardian listed as an inactive primary member on the unit.
Senior memberships require one individual in the membership to be 65 years or older.
FAMILY PROGRAM ENROLLMENT POLICIES
Early Childhood Program: The Early Childhood Program at the Shalom Austin Jewish Community Center is a members-only program. Families must choose to become either Shalom Austin Family Members or ECP Affiliates to be added to the ECP waitlist or enroll in ECP. All ECP Affiliates must activate a Family membership immediately upon acceptance of an offered spot at the ECP, not when attendance begins. Shalom Austin reserves the right to charge a penalty for inactive or unpaid membership dues of no more than 25% of tuition.
Kids Connection: Kids Connection after-school care at the Shalom Austin Jewish Community Center is a members-only program. All Kids Connection families must activate a Family membership immediately upon acceptance of an offered spot at the Kids Connection, not when attendance begins. Shalom Austin reserves the right to charge a penalty for inactive or unpaid membership dues of no more than 25% of tuition.
Non-Member Children of Active Parents: If an individual has an active membership and wants to enroll their inactive-membership child in a program, their child will automatically be enrolled as a non-member. They can either upgrade to a membership that includes their child or pay non-member rates for the child.
Non-Member Children of Active Grandparents: If a grandparent wants to enroll a grandchild in a program, the grandchild must be the enrollee. If the grandchild is not a member, they cannot get member discounts through the membership belonging to the grandparent. If a grandchild lives with the grandparents, they can upgrade their membership to a family level.
We welcome you to bring guests to our facilities. Please note, complimentary guest passes must be present to redeem. An active JCC member must accompany guests when using a complimentary pass.
Your JCC Membership offers you the opportunity for a “home away from home” when you travel. Most Jewish Community Centers in the United States offer membership reciprocity for members of other Jewish Community Centers. Please contact the JCC in the city you will be traveling to in order to find out about their policies for reciprocal memberships.
JCC Liability Waiver
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, and Assumption of Risk
THIS IS A LIABILITY RELEASE AND A BINDING CONTRACT. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU ARE RELEASING THE JCC AND ITS EMPLOYEES FROM LIABILITY FOR POTENTIAL CLAIMS RELATED TO USING THESE FACILITIES. PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY.
In consideration of the opportunity to use the JCC’s facilities, services, and programs, with or without supervision, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, I, for myself, my heirs, executors, next of kin, successors in interest, guardians, legal representatives, assigns, and administrators, do agree as follows:
1. I am aware that there are significant risks involved in all aspects of physical training, using exercise equipment, using the swimming pool or sauna, using the gym, or participating in the various classes offered by the JCC. These risks include, but are not limited to: falls which can result in serious injury or death, injury or death due to negligence on the part of myself, or other people around me, injury or death due to improper use or failure of equipment. I am aware that any of these above-mentioned risks may result in serious injury or death to myself or others.
2. I also acknowledge and understand that I am accepting the JCC’s facilities, equipment, services, and programs AS IS, and further acknowledge and understand that NO WARRANTIES are being extended to me with respect to any aspect of my use of the JCC’s facilities, equipment, services, and programs.
3. I agree and understand that my use of the JCC’s facilities, equipment, services, and programs is a purely, voluntary, recreational activity and that if I am not willing to acknowledge the risk and agree not to sue, I should not use the JCC’s facilities, equipment, services, and programs. I understand that the risk and injury in the use of JCC’s services, programs, activities, and classes may be caused, in whole or in part, by the NEGLIGENCE OF THE JCC, me, minors, other member(s), guest(s) and/or other persons. I FULLY UNDERSTAND, AND VOLUNTARILY AND WILLINGLY ASSUME, THE RISKS OF INJURY.
4. I willingly assume full responsibility for the risks that I am exposing myself to and accept full responsibility for any injury or death that may result from participation in any activity, service, program, or class while at the JCC or which may result while participating in any activity under the direction of any representative of the JCC. I acknowledge that I have no physical impairments or illnesses that will endanger myself or others.
5. EXERCISE MAY BE STRENUOUS. SEE A DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAM. I understand that the activities available at the JCC may involve strenuous physical activity and that a medical check-up is advisable before participating in any fitness program. I further understand that neither the JCC, nor its staff or contractors, are medical doctors and therefore, I should see a medical doctor of my own choosing before participating in any fitness program, class, activity or program at the JCC. I recognize, appreciate and understand the danger of physical stress, strain or injury (including but not limited to, cardiac arrest, stroke, changes in blood pressure, muscle strains, sprains and ligament and/or tendon damage and other physical problems that may arise) that may result from any activity that requires physical exertion and accept these risks. I declare that I have completed the enclosed medical questionnaire as required by the JCC and that I am physically able to participate in physical activity. The JCC has advised me to obtain a medical clearance in the event they answer yes to any of the medical history questions, or if they are unsure of their physical health and that I maintain that I am physically capable of pursuing physical activity in the JCC without such steps being taken or has done so.
6. I agree to abide by the rules of the JCC and observe the instructions of its staff and contractors.
7. WAIVER OF LIABILITY. On behalf of myself and my spouse/partner, my children, my parents, guardians, heirs, next of kin, personal representatives, heirs and assigns, voluntarily and forever release and discharge the JCC, its officers and agents from, covenant and agree not to sue the JCC and its officers and agents for, and waive, any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, debts, damages, losses, costs, fees, expenses or any other alleged liabilities or obligations of any kind or nature, whether known or unknown, direct or indirect (collectively, ‘Claims’) for any Injuries, accidents or deaths to me, my spouse/partner, my children, my parents in the use of the JCC’s facilities which arise out of, result from, or are caused by any NEGLIGENCE OF THE JCC, by me, any minor, any other member, guest, or other person.
a. Negligence Claims. I understand that Negligence Claims include but are not limited to the JCC’s (1) negligent design, construction (including renovation and alteration), repair maintenance, operation, supervision, monitoring, or provision of the JCC’s facilities and services; (2) negligent failure to warn of or remove a hazardous, unsafe, dangerous or defective condition; (3) negligent failure to provide or keep premises in a reasonably safe condition; (4) negligent provision or failure to provide emergency care; (5) negligent provision of services; and (6) negligent hiring, selection, training, instruction, certification, supervision or retention of employees, independent contractors or volunteers; or (7) other negligent act(s) or omission(s).
b. JCC’s Fees and Costs. I specifically agree that, if I (on my own behalf or on behalf of another, including an estate) assert a Negligence Claim against the JCC and/or breach my agreement not to sue the JCC, I will pay all reasonable fees (including attorneys’ fees), costs and expenses incurred by the JCC to defend (1) the Negligence Claim(s) and (2) all other claims based on the same facts as the Negligence Claim(s).
8. I further agree that I WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE JCC, ITS MEMBERS, OPERATORS, LESSORS, LESSEES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES from any loss, liability, damages or cost of any kind that it may incur as the result of any injury to myself or to any member of my family or to any person for whom I am explaining the meaning of this agreement, even if it is contended that any such injury was caused by the negligence of the part of the JCC or the above named parties.
9. I understand that JCC photographers may be present on campus at any time and at any event or program, and that those photographers may take photographs or video of me and/or my family for marketing purposes. I understand that it is my responsibility to notify the photographer and Shalom Austin employees if photos or video of my family or myself should not be used for JCC marketing purposes.
COVID-19 RELEASE AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS ADDENDUM (“Release”)
I hereby acknowledge the health risks and dangers associated with the transmission of the COVID-19 virus, and other communicable diseases, and recognize that exposure to the COVID-19 virus, or other communicable diseases, could occur while participating in programs or making use of the Shalom Austin Jewish Community Center (JCC).
I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE CONTENTS OF THE RELEASE AND AGREE THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY WAIVING, RELEASING, INDEMNIFYING AND DISCHARGING THE SHALOM AUSTIN JCC AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND VOLUNTEERS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, DAMAGES, AND EACH AND EVERY ACTION (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”) BY PARTICIPATION IN AND/OR ASSOCIATED WITH THE JCC AND/OR CAMPUS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO EXPOSURE OR TRANSMISSION OF THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
My signature below is a confirmation that I have read and fully understand and acknowledge the contents of the Release and agree that I am voluntarily waiving, releasing, indemnifying and discharging JCC and its officers, directors, employees, and volunteers from the Claims.
JCC Sports & Fitness Facility Policies
The following policies should be observed by all JCC Members.
The J is currently open to members only. No guests please. Due to our current health and safety protocols, we ask that all members 15-years-old and younger have a parent or a responsible adult with them when they use the facilities. Please read further information here to ensure a smooth process for your return to our campus!
- Masks are required at all times indoors.
- Members who have not been instructed in the proper use of equipment should make an appointment for a free orientation or ask for assistance from a Fitness Center staff person.
- Proper workout attire must be worn at all times. No bathing suits or open-toed shoes are allowed.
- Locker rooms and showers are closed for renovation. Please limit the belongings you bring to the J.
- Food and drink are prohibited with the exception of bottled water.
- There is a 30-minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment (treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, step machines) during peak times or when anyone is waiting.
- Use a spotter when lifting heavy weights.
- The use of collars on barbells when lifting is mandatory.
- Place used equipment in designated boxes for disinfecting after each use.
- Wipe down machines with sanitizing wipes and turn the “clean cards” to RED after using a piece of equipment in the fitness center. Staff will disinfect the equipment a second time and turn the card to green to complete our two-step process.
- Be safe and considerate. Please take cell phone conversations out of the Fitness Center.
- Rubber-soled athletic shoes must be worn.
- Food and drink are prohibited with the exception of bottled water.
- Carriages/strollers must remain on the perimeter of the gym floor.
- Reservations are required.
- No balls or equipment will be provided.
- During construction, the jogging trail is approximately .25 miles in length. Please stay on the path and do not cross barriers or fences.
- No bicycles are allowed.
- No pets are allowed on the JCC Campus.
JCC Program Policies
Personal Training Waiver and Policies
RELEASE, WAIVER AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I have volunteered to participate in a fitness program provided to me by my Personal Trainer (herein referred to as the Trainer) at The Jewish Community Center of Austin (herein referred to as the JCC) and to use its facilities, equipment and machinery, therefore, I agree to the following waiver and release.
I for myself, my heirs, executors or anyone else who may claim on my behalf hereby waive, release and forever discharge the JCC and its officers, agents, employees, representatives, executors, and all others from any and all responsibilities or liability from personal injury, death, damage to property or loss of any kind resulting from my participation in any activities or my use of equipment or machinery under the care of my trainer.
I do also hereby release the JCC and its officers, agents, employees, representatives, executors and all others from any responsibilities or liability for any injury or damage to myself, including those caused by negligence.
I understand that strength, flexibility, and aerobic exercise, including the use of equipment, are potentially hazardous activities with certain risks and benefits, some of which include but are in no way limited to: soft tissue injuries such as wounds, sprains, acute strains, broken bones or head injuries; back, neck, knee and foot injuries; heart attacks; improved cardiovascular fitness and flexibility; and increased strength and muscle tone.
I also understand that while some of the risks and hazards involved in using the equipment and facilities of the JCC are foreseeable, others are not.
I acknowledge that I have either had a physical examination and been given my physician?s permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate in activity and use equipment and machinery without the approval of my physician and do hereby assume all responsibility for my participation and activities, and utilization of equipment and machinery in my activities.
I have read, understand, and have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this legal document.
• Dress appropriately for the activity you will engage in. Please wear appropriate foot wear (no open-toed shoes). Clothing should be comfortable. Bring a water bottle and towel.
• Proper nutrition is the foundation of a healthy body. Working out on an empty stomach may cause dizziness and premature fatigue. A light snack 1.5 hours prior to exercise or a fruit / vegetable 20 minutes prior to your workout is recommended.
• Answer the questions on the ParQ form to the best of your knowledge. Medical clearance is required if you have any medical problems and have answered yes to any of the questions on this form.
• If you feel light headed, faint, dizzy, nauseated or experience pain or discomfort stop the activity and inform your personal trainer.
• The results of any fitness program cannot be guaranteed. Your progress depends on your effort and cooperation in and outside of the sessions.
• It is your responsibility to inform your personal trainer of any conditions or changes in your health which might affect your ability to exercise safely with minimal risk of injury.
• Many sessions are booked back to back. It is very important to be on time for your session. If you arrive late for a session, it will still end at the scheduled time. If the trainer arrives late, you will receive a full hour. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you MUST inform your Trainer. Failure to do so may result in a loss of your session; this session will be charged as a no- show. Your Trainer is not expected to wait without confirmation that you will arrive.
• Youth under the age of 13 are not allowed in the weight room except while working out with a Personal Trainer. We are committed to help you reach your health and fitness goals. By adhering to all the above we can help make it happen. I understand the policies set out above.
PERSONAL TRAINING CANCELLATION POLICY
The personal trainers at the JCC operate on a scheduled appointment basis; therefore, we require that members provide a minimum of 24-hour notice when cancelling an appointment. Should a member cancel a session with less than 24-hours prior notice, the member will be charged in full for that session.
For package buddy sessions (2+ people), if one or more person/s does not show up, one of the following courses of action should take place:
• the buddy that shows up will train, but the other buddy(ies) will lose their session(s). The member will need to make sure that the absent person(s) consent to this agreement, as no make-up sessions will be offered by the trainer and no refunds will be given
• the buddy that shows up may buy an individual session so that the other buddy(ies) do not lose their session
• the buddies cancel and reschedule, but each will be charged for the session if notice is not given within 24-hours of the scheduled session
Members are entitled to one free no-show session, meaning they can late-cancel one time only and not be penalized. The JCC recommends that all cancelled sessions be rescheduled to ensure fitness progress and consistency within the trainer’s schedule.
All personal training session cancellations need to be done by contacting the trainer directly; the JCC is not responsible for communicating cancellation requests to the trainers.
Member Experience Director
O (512) 735-8214
7300 HART LANE
AUSTIN, TEXAS 78731