PARENT PORTAL LOGIN
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
August 21, 2023 – August 9, 2024
Toddler – Pre-K
|8:30 AM – 5:30 PM Core Day||8:30 AM – 2:30 PM Core Day|
|7:30 – 8:30 AM Early Care||2:30 – 5:30 PM Extended Care|
|7:30 – 8:30 AM Early Care|
What to Bring
Reminder: Please label everything.
- A box/bag of diapers and/or pull-ups if appropriate. If using cloth diapers, send extra diapers, clips, and a closed container to hold dirty diapers
- A change of clothes appropriate to the weather/season (infants should bring 2-3 changes of clothes)
- Extra underwear if appropriate
- A pacifier or “lovey” for nap time if appropriate
- A nap mat (infants should bring 2 crib sheets instead)
- A blanket (if one is not attached to your nap mat)
- A washable bag or pillow case for the nap mat
- Sunscreen (must be listed on medication form)
- Lunch (no meat) in a lunch box
- A reusable plastic sippy cup (0-18 months) or water bottle (18 months+)
- Recommended: re-usable eating utensils for your children
- Infants: bottles with an unopened container of formula or enough breast milk for an entire day; and unopened baby cereal and/or baby food
Don’t forget. Please label everything.
THE ECP IS A MEAT-FREE SCHOOL. No beef, chicken, or turkey is allowed on campus. Fish is ok, but not shellfish.
Sandwiches & More
Fruit with Yogurt Dip
Expand Your Bread Box
Fun and different
|Morning Star Farms in your grocer’s freezer section include veggie versions of the following: corn dogs, chicken nuggets, veggie burgers and more.|
REMINDER: Please make sure to cut cherry tomatoes and grapes in half as these are considered choking hazards by licensing. Thanks!
Every Friday morning, the students gathers together to sing, dance, and celebrate Shabbat!
One of the highlights of Shabbat is when the children each bake their own challah to take home and enjoy with their families. This wonderful aroma fills the school with an extra element of excitement each week. If you’d like to bake your own at home, check out the recipe here.
In case of inclement weather, the ECP generally follows the closing, delayed start, and early release decisions of the Austin Independent School District (AISD) and will notify parents of its decisions via an announcement from our electronic communication system brightwheel.
You may also get the ECP’s latest closing information by calling (512) 735-8100 (the ECP Front Desk) where messages are updated as conditions change.
When the weather reaches or goes above 100 degrees or below 40 degrees, ECP staff will alert educators to limit outdoor play to 20-minute segments. When there are heat or cold alerts, the administration will decide if children should go outdoors at all.
The health and safety of our families and staff remain a top priority. We ask our parents to be aware of and to communicate any changes to their child’s health. The ECP will inform you if your child has been exposed to Covid, Flu, Strep and other highly contagious illnesses.
If your child Tests Positive for COVID-19:
- Notify the school.
- Isolate for 5 days. Day 1 is the first day of symptoms or positive test.
Your child may return on day 6 if they:
- Have been fever-free for 24 hours (without medication)
- Are experiencing a significant improvement in symptoms.
- If over the age of two, we recommend that they wear a mask for an additional 5 days.
If your child has been EXPOSED to someone who is positive for COVID-19:
- As long as the child is symptom-free, they may return to school
- If the child is running a fever of 100 or greater or showing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 you must keep them home until symptoms subside. We highly recommend that you test your child on day 5 after the day of exposure.
- Symptoms include: fever, acute cough and/or runny nose, shortness of breath, fatigue, body aches, etc.
Our school will continue to thoroughly clean and sanitize nightly and keep our classrooms clean during the day, and our teachers will teach, model, and supervise proper handwashing. We highly recommend vaccinating children and adults ages 6 months and older. We will continue to follow any local changes and new public health guidance. Should the current situation change, we will consult our experts and modify our policies.
Thank you for being our partner and keeping our school safe and healthy!
In addition to the ECP, Shalom Austin offers a variety of other programs for young children and their parents. Here’s a sample of some other ways to get involved in our community:
After School Activities
Looking for something for your kids to do after school? We have fun and educational activities for kids ages 1-12.
Sports & Fitness
We don’t just have sports, swim, and fitness classes for kids, we have classes, leagues, and teams for adults too! Join us.
Connect with other parents, get support, and have fun.
Every month, Shalom Families organizes events at the J and neighborhoods in the Austin area. Get to know other families who live near you.
We have a special group for our interfaith families to connect too!
And, be sure to check out the PJ Library. Jewish families can sign up to receive a free children’s book every month.